This Millburn-Short Hills summer, don’t suffer through the bumper-to-bumper traffic all the way down the parkway just to get to a crowded beach. Do yourself a favor, and check out what’s happening right in your backyard.
Speaking of backyards, living in Millburn-Short Hills, you very likely could have a pool (and if not, Robin Benjamin will show you where to get a house with one). Because really, is there anything better than having a barbeque in your backyard with your friends and family poolside, having beers and cocktails while you enjoy some hot dogs and burgers (or veggie burgers if that’s your thing. It’s summer and we’re keeping those bodies in check!). So, instead of traveling all the way down the Jersey Shore to get to a party, which may have some questionable people—let’s face it—why not bring the party to you? And, while you’re at it, make those friends and family help you clean up afterwards . . .
Or, if you’re looking to get out of the house for some Millburn-Short Hills summer fun, you won’t have to look far. Here’s a quick list of some great outdoor activities:
- Zogsports: Get outside and play some competitive sports like basketball, volleyball, or soccer.
- Free Lego Movie Screening. Need we say more? How about the time and place? August 18th at 7:30PM, Oskar Schindler Performing Arts Center—4 Boland Drive, West Orange, NJ 07052. (PS, The Lego Movie is equally amazing for kids and adults. Go out on a date to this one and you will win bonus points).
- Get involved with other families in the community with the Millburn Summer Day Camp program at Taylor Park and Gero Park.
- Nobody does July 4th like Millburn. And that means there are two options for you: the party at Taylor Park starts at 9AM and there’s amusement rides, pony rides, face painting and more.
- Or, the fireworks at Millburn High School with music by Krazy Kat DJ.
- Maplewoodstock. Have you heard of Woodstock? Well, Maplewoodstock is way better, and right in your neighborhood. Saturday, July 11 from 9AM-10PM.
Oh, and did we mention pools? Pools, pools, and more pools. There’s…
- Old Short Hills Park
- Millburn Pool
- Gero Park
- Maplewood Community Pool
- Chatham Board of Recreation
- Berkeley Heights Community Pool
- And plenty more!!!
These coming months are going to be hot and humid, so instead of spending all that time in your car to go to yet another Tiki Bar, treat yourself right with a Millburn-Short Hills summer. You’ll be glad you did.